Date: 8-13-15 6 PM
UMATILLA COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
200 SE Third, Pendleton, OregonIncrease in wildfire smoke brings reduced air quality to Umatilla County
- Be aware of smoke concentrations in your area. Residents can get the latest information by visiting the Oregon Smoke blog: Oregonsmoke.blogspot.com or call 2-1-1 Info.
- Avoid outdoor activities when air quality is unhealthy and hazardous. Those with heart or lung problems, as well as young children, are especially vulnerable.
- Avoid smoke either by leaving the area or protecting yourself by staying indoors and closing all windows and doors.
- Reduce other sources of indoor air pollution such as burning cigarettes and candles, using gas, propane, wood burning stoves and furnaces, cooking, and vacuuming.
- Individuals with heart disease or lung diseases such as asthma should follow their health care provider’s advice about prevention and treatment of symptoms.